3 Quick Tips on How to Name Your Online Shop
There are a few reasons for having a catchy shop name. It’s easy to remember, easy to pronounce, and easily fits into the header of your shop’s website. Thinking of a killer brand name is where it gets tricky. Here are several methods to try:
Begin with one-syllable combos.
Try out different combinations of short words. Two or three short words that rhyme can make it a memorable brand name too.
- Lazada – Malaysian online shopping mall
- PIK NIK – a popular hipster cafe in Pulau Pinang
- DiGi – Malaysian telecommunications service provider
Let the creative juices flow.
Create a word or innovate from an existing one. Reknown online brands like Skype, Instagram, Spotify, and Youtube all have instantly recognisable names, even though they aren’t existing words in a dictionary. Check out the catchy names of other merchants selling online using eCommerce Malaysia.
Personalize, personalize, personalize.
Use words with personal meaning. It could be a nickname you have for your partner, your pet’s name (a great idea if your shop relates to pets), or the place of origin (especially if a product hails from a specific location). At the very basic, use your own name for your own shop. Using a personal name makes your shop easier to identify with on a personal level.
- The Pet Family – a major chain pet store in Selangor
- Sekeping Victoria – a local hangout cum retreat space located along Victoria Street in Pulau Pinang
- Aik Cheong Coffee – Malaysian fine roasted gourmet coffee producer